Dementia Awareness Week 2017
Homes across the Country Court Care Group are uniting against dementia this Dementia Awareness Week, 14-20 May.
Dementia is set to be the 21st century's biggest killer. But awareness and understanding remains low and many families are facing it alone. That’s why, during the Week, Alzheimer’s Society want everyone to come together and take action. By uniting, we can raise awareness, offer help and understanding, improve care and urgently ﬁnd a cure.
From Somerset to Sheffield our care homes will be hosting coffee mornings, cake sales, dementia cafes and support sessions to raise aware and raise much needed funds for research. The Dementia Champions in our homes are always available for a chat with relatives, staff or friends to offer support, advice and answer questions about dementia care in our homes.
Our events are as follows:
- Tuesday 16th May 1pm – Singing for Dementia – Neale Court Care Home, North Hykeham
- Tuesday 16th May 10.30am – Coffee morning – The Red House Nursing Home, Stamford
- Tuesday 16th May 2pm – Happy Memory Day – The Burnham Nursing & Care Home, Burnham-on-Sea
- Tuesday 16th May 10.30am – Dementia Coffee Morning – Eccleshare Court Care Home, Lincoln
- Thursday 18th May 2pm – Afternoon Tea & entertainment with Ukulele Group Players - The Burnham Nursing & Care Home, Burnham-on-Sea
Our Dementia Champion at Summer Lane Care Home in Weston-Super-Mare will be available 12 - 2pm everyday to answer questions about dementia and offer support